Tuesday 12 March 2013

MAC Archies Girls Collection

I love this range and was counting down the days till its release at the beginning of the month. I love the graphics used on the packaging, its so cute and quirky. Archie's girls are Veronica and Betty who are both vying for his attention. Beautiful Blonde-Next-Door Betty inspires a limited-edition colour collection with a soft, innocent sexiness all in peaches and pink girly shades. All packaged in exclusive designs. Whilst Veronica smoulders with a limited-edition colour collection rich in deep, seductive tones such as violet, red and blackened plum. All packaged in exclusive Archie's Girls designs. I am definitely more of as Veronica as I love the dark vampy shades!
 

 
 

Being on a tight budget at the moment, I really had to restrain myself from buying the whole collection and rinsing my overdraft at the same time! I decided to treat myself to one item which was so hard to choose! So the winner I went for was ‘Archie’s Girls pearl glide intense eye liner in Designer Purple’ which I am really pleased with! It’s a gorgeous purple with a lilac shimmer in it, as you can see from this swatch.

 
I've been wearing it on its own with some Mascara, I use Benefits They’re Real, and put it on the inside rims and above my top lashes. I've also applied it to above my top lashes when I've been wearing a purple shadow. It is easy to apply, glides on nicely. I have been using it on my water line but this isn't recommended due to the shimmer.


Pearl glides always have an intense colour payment with deep, dark, rich pigment that once applies simply pops on eyes. The creamy texture applies complete colour on the first pass and a quick second or third pass will add super drama to eyes. The texture is so soft that it glides effortlessly across my lash line without tugging or pulling. I typically get about 8-12 hours of wear with these before any fading occurs.

 



The pencil is wrapped in a solid white shade of colour with little red hearts they are really cute. YOU NEED these. Seriously, the formula is creamy, pigmented, and oh so wonderful to apply.

The best thing about MAC Archie’s Girls product range is that they are bright, fun, and very wearable in daily looks. I will definitely be saving the pennies and purchasing a few other bits, next on my want list is this pencil in Petrol Blue (Veronica) which is a bright navy with pearl. After seeing Adele at the Oscars with gorgeous blue eye liner which looked stunning, it’s definitely a look I want to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...