Thursday 7 March 2013

Stuff that actually makes your hair grows...for real!!

I have been trying to grow my hair for a few years now with not much luck! Just before Christmas it had got to the longest it had been in years, it was a down to my arm pits, which was a massive achievement for me! I have friends whose hair seems to grow 6 inches in a week whilst mine gets to my shoulders and takes a pit stop and won’t go any further! I want luscious long locks!


However after years of dying my hair a multitude of colours and straightening, throwing in the fact my hairs pretty fine, it looked horrendous! It was a matted mess! I’m pretty sure if you didn’t know me and just took in my birds’ nest you would have though I was a hobo. Not a good look, so with a heavy heart I headed to my hair dressers to see if she could rescue the situation.
To my complete horror (Not shock, as I knew this would be the only option id be given, boo!) I was told it would need to be chopped and start again. If I cut off all the manky dry ends it would be healthier and grow better. So that is how I ended up with a short bob. I can actually feel a lump in my throat as I write this, I miss my long (for me) hair!
So for the last two months I have been on a mission to make my hair grow and I think I have actually found a couple of miracle products that actually work! I kid you not! In this short space of time my hair has grown a few inches (I’ve even had one cut in this time) and is now just past my shoulders! Whoooop! I can’t explain how happy I am that my hair is moving!


 

OK, so I think like most people I’m a little apprehensive of any product that says it’s for ‘hair growth’ and scoff at the idea that it would actually work. Now though, I would think twice, as the products I’m going to tell you about have really helped! First up is Lee Stafford’s Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner. I saw these mentioned on another blog and I have to say they leave my hair feeling really healthy and as I’ve said since using this I am sure my hairs moving a little further. I have only found these in 200ml bottles and at £6.99 a pop it is expensive when I’m usually an herbal essence girl, so it’s a shame they don’t do larger bottles but this is the only criticism I have. I will definitely keep using this product.
Next up is Coconut Oil, why have I only just started using this product?! Its fab! I read somewhere about how it can help stimulate hair growth and improve condition. I’ve been using dr.organic Virgin Coconut Oil Monoi Moisture Melt Body Oil, once a week I rub it in my scalp and hair before I go to bed and then wash it out in the morning. It starts off solid so you do need to warm it up in hot water before you use it. I’ve been using this product for a few weeks now and I am so excited by the results already, it’s made my hair so soft, shiny and healthy looking. I don’t know if it’s helped with the growth or not but it’s definitely improved the condition which can only be a good thing in my book! The coconut oil is also great for dry skin, I suffer from Eczema and get dry patches of skin in my arms and legs. I have been rubbing it in to these areas and it worked straight away! It’s really great for moisturising and smells good too!



I have to say that I have had it cut once so far in this time and as I have been known to go 6 months plus without one, I am determined to keep my hair in this condition so will be getting it done every 6-8 weeks. Some people think this means you cut off the growth but a little bit of a trim will just get rid of any nasty ends. Fingers crossed those gorgeous long locks aren’t too far away!

1 comment:

  1. Gonna have to try that coconut oil but I agree that Lee Stafford stuff is brilliant even if it is a little pricey!

    Alex :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...