Sunday 15 September 2013

Super Sunday Shower Time*




Please don’t get the wrong idea from the title of this post! I promise I do shower daily, however I am a 5 min wash and go kind of girl. Mainly due to the fact I am normally running late, I am not a good morning person! Therefore every Sunday evening I try and make sure I get a little ‘me’ time and have a bit of a pampering shower before bed. I have to admit it’s one of my favourite parts of the week. I am definitely a shower girl, baths are great but I don’t always feel that clean after a bath, I can’t get my head around the concept of laying in a bath of dirty water?! Saying that baths are pretty nice on those freezing cold dark winter nights, with a large glass of wine, a good book and lots of bubbles! But that’s a whole other post for another day!


So I here you ask what does a Super Sunday Shower involve? Well let me tell you! I take this shower just before bed on a Sunday night as it helps me switch off ready for bed. First of all I want to set a relaxing tone so as I am obsessed with candles I light a few of my favourite vanilla tea lights around the bathroom and then begin to run my shower.



First product up is my Lush ‘The Sacred Truth’ Fresh Face Mask. I love lush products, especially there fresh face masks. They always leave my skin feeling great, which is an accomplishment bearing in mind my face can be quite sensitive! I tend to cleanse my face first using hot water to open the pores and then apply the face mask.

Next up I use the Korres Watermelon Body Scrub, apart from the fact it smells delicious it’s an amazing exfoliant! I always use a scrub before I shave my legs as it removes any dry skin and lifts the hairs allowing for a closer shave and resulting in lovely smooth legs. To shave my legs I use a Gillette Venus Razor and Gillette Satin Care Radiant Apricot Shave Gel. Both of these are part of my bathroom staples. My legs always feel great after using them, and I really like the apricot smell.



Next up I wash and condition my hair, I won’t tell you about that here, imp planning on doing a hair post shortly so will tell you all about it there! Whilst rinsing the shampoo out of my hair I also wash the face mask off too. Also to rinse off all the scrub and shaving gel remains I use Korres Guava Shower Gel, it is so moisturising and smells so lush! If that’s not enough, to top it off its so good for your skin as it contains Aloe,  vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and antioxidant enzymes.
When I’m out of the shower I moisture my body using Korres Jasmine Body Butter. You know how smells trigger memories and moods? Well this one does it for me, the jasmine scent is gorgeous and every time I smell it really chills me out and it’s definitely my Sunday night bedtime smell! It’s also incredibly moisturising, I suffer from dry skin on my legs and using this has really helped!
Oooh and one final point, Fresh Bedding! It’s a must! There’s nothing better than feeling all nice and clean and getting into fresh bedding! Perfect! Hopefully it leads to a good Monday morning!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! I used to have a pamper evening every Sunday where I'd have a bath and shave my legs and paint my nails and change my bedding etc but I got out of the habit. I might do this shower thing because I prefer showers too, and it's easier to clean yourself. Might write myself a list of super sunday shower essentials now ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good old pamper evening!xx

    little-pink-daisy.blogspot.co.uk <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, Korres do a watermelon scrub?! NEED TO INVEST! This post has made me want to have a little pampering session myself. Great post :) xxx
    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to get into a Sunday Bath habit too, I miss having them. Showers just aren't the same!

    xx
    lifescupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to long showers and clean sheets. Just...yes!
    I'm stealing super sunday shower time and making it mine, hope you don't mind!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually have this on friday :) clarisonic, a great mask, a lovely soak and then fresh as hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gemma, lovely post. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you'd be so kind to accept, head over to glossypolish.blogspot.co.uk to find my questions. I look forward to reading your answers. Thanks. Rachael xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh bedding is a total must! I love long hot showers at the end of a long day :)

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love korres products! they're so lovely and always smell amazing

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new Chanel cream blush giveaway here, if you like!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...