Tuesday 12 November 2013

My Top 3 MAC Eye Shadows...

Over the years I have tried many a eye shadow, from a whole host of brands and in a wide variety of shades. I have finally learnt that golds, browns and olives are the shades that suit my skin tone and dark brown eyes the best. In terms of brands of eye shadows, there’s always been one that’s stood above the rest, that being MAC. Kind of obvious considering the post title, huh!
So I thought I would share with you all my top 3 MAC eye shadows. The reason I love MAC’s shadows so much is because they are highly pigmented, stay put all day, it stays where it should and doesn’t slide down your face. What more can I say! I know they are a little pricey at £12.50 a pot but they last for ages and I really think they are worth the money for the quality product you receive.
 
 
My top 3 MAC eye shadow shades are Sumptuous Olive, All That Glitters and Tempting.
‘Tempting’ is my day to day shade, it’s a dark brown with a slight shimmer. I wear it with a black eye liner on top and bottom lashes and tons of mascara. I’ve been sporting this look for a long time, it’s simple and works for me.
However when I want to take things up a notch or fancy a change I play with ‘All That Glitters’ It’s a fab nude/golden shade also with some shimmer in it. I use this on its own or I use it as a base colour and just dust a bit of ‘Tempting’ around my eye socket. It’s a great result and so simple to do.
‘Sumptuous Olive’ is the shade I go to for nights out when I want to vamp it up a bit. It’s what it says on the tin, a deep olive colour. I’m not sure it’s a colour that suits everyone but it works well on me, especially for an ultra glam look. I do get a lot of complements when I wear this one, and often get asked what brand it is.
What’s your eye shadow of choice?
 

15 comments:

  1. All that glitters looks very pretty! I really need to try MAC eyeshadows x

    http://lovetelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love All That Glitters and Woodwinked is becoming my favourite over A/W too xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All That Glitters looks gorgeous! Definitely my favourite ♥
    xoxo
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  4. All That Glitters and Sumptuous Olive are two of my faves! I haven't tried Tempting yet but it's certainly....tempting... (*cringe* that came out sounding weird!)

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All That Glitters looks stunning, I recently bought Omega (for my brows) and Blackberry as an alternative to Cranberry because everyone seems to have that one. I've had a play with it and so far so good x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that glitters is my fave! Used it on my birthday, such a beautiful colour- seems very popular here too!!


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All That Glitters looks like such a gorgeous and wearable colour! I have to admit I've never tried Mac eyeshadows (or Mac in general to be honest), but I'm getting more and more tempted by the eyeshadows and the fab range of colours. I generally use a gold coloured Clinique eyeshadow or a bronzey nude Jemma Kidd one for day to day wear xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that glitters looks stunning! I think i need to purchase it!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that glitters looks so nice, I want it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the glitters is such a gorgeous, wearable shade! neeeed it haha x

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! All That Glitters is on my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only have two MAC shades, but with a store opening near me this winter (or so they keep saying) im hoping to pick up a few more! I like to test stuff before I but, but the sumptuous olive would be something id gravitate towards for sure x

    Kirsty Rockit Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. All That Glitters is a fab colour! Not sure it would suit me, but I might have to bite the bullet and buy one, it looks as though it'd be a nice one to blend with others.

    Thanks for dropping me your link via Twitter, am loving the blog

    I'm found here: Simplyroxilicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh all that glitters has been on my wishlist for ageess! It looks so pretty!
    Daisie Petals
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep seeing All That Glitter everywhere. I may need to go get it ;)

    Christerline

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...