Friday 13 December 2013

BOOK CLUB TAKEOVER: Loretta from 'The University Project'

Here are my thoughts… I LOVE hearing other people’s views and reviews on pretty much anything especially books! Some of my favourite reads are ones that have been suggested by other people. So thinking along those lines,’ The Book Club Takeover’ was born! Hopefully each week I will bring to you a post from one of my lovely and amazing fellow bloggers who will in turn share with you what their favourite book is, why they love it and a review. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I do!

 
Hi I am Loretta, I’m a second year Zoology student at Bangor University and I blog over at The University Project about my day to day university life, stationery, books and everything in between! I’ve recently been planning some beauty and fashion posts and I would really love suggestions on the kind of posts you would like to see! I only started my blog this summer but it is quickly becoming my pride and joy, I love having my own little space on the internet!
I’m one of those girls who attempts to follow fashion but I never manage to pull it off quite the way I intended to and therefore I think my favourite book is The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, in fact I completely love the whole series! As much as I enjoy a good meaty book, sometimes a girl just needs a bit of light hearted reading! The long awaited instalment came out this summer I immediately marked it for my holiday reading!

 
I’m sure most of you have either read the book or seen the very popular movie adaptation but just in case you have been living under a rock for the best of this century I will sum up the book for you. A young recent graduate from Brown is struggling to make her way in the New York writing scene and so takes the job of an assistant at a fashion magazine but it turns out she has the boss from hell but everyone in the industry knows that if you survive a year, you can get any writing job you want. Andrea does her best to stick it out and understand the world of high fashion that she has found herself thrown into whilst attempting in vain to convince her loved ones that she hasn’t changed or lost her values.
Lauren Weisberger is such a talented writer and every time I open one of the books I completely believe the situation she is writing about. I loved her books as a teenager and I still love them now in my early twenties and I think that says a lot about how relatable her writing is. I’ve always enjoyed the escapism aspect of reading a good book and I have yet to find a Weisberger book that doesn’t achieve this.
Lastly I want to thank Gemma for allowing me to take part in her book club, I have been keeping my eye out for a bloggers book club for a while so  I was thrilled when she asked me to take part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...