Saturday 11 January 2014

The Extra Mile: 5 must have products


Hello everybody! I hope you have thoroughly enjoyed the festive season and have had plenty of R&R time J It’s definitely my favourite time of year what with all the food. And presents. And more food!
 
My name is Aisling (looks there’s my face!^^) and I have a blog called bl0ssombeauty. I blog about a mix of different things from beauty and fashion to general lifestyle things and food recipes. Basically anything that tickles my fancy! I would love it if you check out my labour of love and share your thoughts with me, and maybe even hit the follow button J
The lovely Gemma has kindly allowed me to write a guest post on her amazing blog, so to get right down to it, I’m going to share with you my 5 must have products that can take you a step further in achieving a polished look.
 
1.       Foundation Brush

Have you ever wondered how to get that flawless ‘looks like skin’ finish? A good foundation brush to help you buff the product into your skin is the answer.  Thankfully I’ve never fallen into the trap of slapping on my foundation with my fingers, the horror bacteria stories my Mum shared when I first started wearing makeup put me right off! My favourite foundation brushes to use are both from Real Techniques, the Expert Face Brush and the Buffing Brush. Both are great for working the product into the skin.

2.       Primer

Let’s face it, none of us have perfect skin (if you do, tell me HOW!). So when your skin is paid a visit by the little bumpy red monsters or you have bothersome scarring, a primer is your best friend. A primer acts as a base under your foundation and helps your foundation to glide over most lumps and bumps. It helps you achieve a flawless finish and also clings on to your foundation to allow it to last longer. What’s not to love? I got my hands on the ‘Tarte clean slate poreless’ primer and really liked it up until I started to break out. How frustrating! I have heard good things about primers from Smashbox and Illamasqua though so they are on my list.

3.       Exfoliator

As the brilliant Caroline Hirons once said, if you don’t prep your skin properly for makeup, you might aswel be applying makeup to a wooden table. While cleansing and moisturising are just as important, a good exfoliator is a must have to make sure any dead or flaky skin cells are gotten rid of. I’m currently enjoying the Michael Todd Tropical Fruit Exfoliant Scrub.
 
4.       Top Coat

How did I ever do my nails without this?? A top coat is almost like a protective layer on top of your favourite nail polish and is available in a matte or glossy finish. My go-to top coat is the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Anti Chip. This stuff works like a dream by speeding up the drying process so I don’t have to worry about smudging my efforts. Which I always used to do!
 
5.       Mascara

Now when I say mascara, I mean that ‘BOOM look how amazingly long and thick my eyelashes are’ kind of mascara. This type of mascara is of course almost impossible to find, but I think I’ve come close with the L’oreal Telescopic False Lash Effect mascara. Have you found any mascara that does the job right? Having length and volume in your lashes can really transform a look and opens out your eyes to give that dramatic effect. Or if you really want hit the drama button, stick on a pair of falsies and you can’t go wrong ;) (unless you’re terrible at applying false lashes.....like me)

There we have it ladies, the 5 products that I couldn’t imagine not having in my stash. I really hope you enjoyed my guest post, thanks so much again Gemma for having me! If anybody would like to follow my blog I’d love to have you, so come on over and say hi J

Thanks for reading

Aisling

xx


 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Aisling, I will definitely be checking out you're blog!
    Clodagh x
    Here Comes Clo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...