Friday 25 April 2014

Maybelline New York New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


It is terrible rare that I write a ‘meh’ or bad review about a product. I love to share beauty bits that I am excited about and want you guys to know of! So I feel a bit weird writing this post. I had heard so much hype around Maybelline New York’s Baby range and I’ve been really getting into primers lately so I was excited to purchase Maybelline New York New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser and give it a try!
At £7.99 it’s a reasonable price when I compare it to recent primers I’ve used such as Benefits Porefessional and Laura Mercers Primer, both of which I love. The product itself is a clear paste and when applying all I can compare it to is Vaseline but not as greasy. Not something you particularly want to use as a base under your make up. The purpose of primers is to smooth out any lines or blemishes on your skin so your makeup looks flawless, but sadly I didn’t experience this when using this product. It also didn’t hold any of my make up in place, it just made me face kind of slimy.
I had really high hopes for Maybelline New York’s Baby range but so far I’ve just not been that impressed!
Have you tried this product? Did it work for you?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it yet. I nearly bought it the other day but I really wasn't sure about it. Thanks for your honest post, I've read really mixed reviews. Seems it's a love or hate kind of product.
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard such mixed reviews about this - shame it didn't work out for you!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a little $100 jewellery giveaway on my blog if you fancy a look! Click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I experienced the exact same thing! I felt quite sad just because of all the hype! Lovely blog xo

    Sheworewhat

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...