Friday 13 June 2014

Book Club: Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

I haven’t written a Book Club Post in ages!! I promise I still read all the time, I guess I just haven’t felt the need to review or post about it here. Well todays different, I finished this book on Monday, it’s now Friday and I’m still in a book hangover. You know that feeling where you are so wrapped up in a book, when you’ve got that last page and it’s all over but you can’t move on. You’re still caught up in that world, not ready to move on, not sure the next book will be able to compete... well that’s where I am right now!


The Blurb
Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia. Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends. But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business…
The Review
I will put my hands up right now and say Paige Toon is one of my favorite writers, I have read all her books and loved each and every one of them. So when this book arrived I was ridiculously excited to read it and made sure I kept last Sunday free to sit in my garden, enjoying the rare good weather, and have a good reading session!
The book begins with Bronte heading over to the UK from Sydney to attend her friend Polly’s wedding, where at the hen do she meets Alex. They have a one night stand, and then part ways. A twist of fate then occurs, Bronte moves over to London for work and ends up working in the same office as Alex who happens to be planning his wedding to his fiancé. Bronte can’t get Alex out of her mind and there is still a spark simmering away between them. He is smart, level headed, caring but happens to also have a fiancé.
During Bronte’s year in the UK, you watch her building friendships and watch her accept a weekend job helping a wedding photographer. That is a story in itself, Paige keeps us entertained with crazy Bridezillas and all the fun and frolics you expect. It also highlights Bronte’s dislike of weddings and churches, making you question why? Along the way she also meets a fellow Aussie, Lachie, who becomes one of her close circle of friends. He attends some of the weddings as a singer/guitarist and by the time he is ready to go back to Australia, sparks are flying there too.

To begin with Bronte is weary of Lachie, laughing off his flirty attempts to woo her, she turns him down and they become close friends. It’s at this point that the story becomes more of a love-triangle with Alex being less than impressed at the introduction of Lachie. As the reader you are constantly swapping and changing your mind as to who Bronte should be with, both are very different but would suit Bronte. I have to say I am a huge TEAMLACHIE fan! He is just gorgeous, laidback and fun, perfect for Bronte in my view, who doesn’t love a surfer dude?
If you’ve read Paige’s previous books, you will have spotted a few familiar faces, I was so excited when Lilly popped up. Then a mention of Joseph Strike, swoon! It was really fun to get a mini update on them and what they are doing now.
I noticed a few comments on Paige’s facebook saying they were disappointed with Bronte’s choice at the end, but I was so happy with her decision! I just feel there perhaps is still a little more to come with this story? However I really want her to stick with the man she chooses, I would be devastated if there was a follow up and she didn’t!
It’s so hard to write this review without spoiling it for those who haven’t read it! All I will say it’s a typical Paige Toon book with lots of twists and turns and just when you think you know where the story is going... BOOM! There is a twist in the story. I thoroughly recommend ‘Thirteen Weddings’ and suggest you all go buy a copy now!
Any ideas how I get over this book hangover???
 
P.S Have you checked out my ‘800 Bloglovin followers Giveaway’ yet? You could win a MAC Lipstick in ‘Plumful’, Kylie Minogue ‘Pink Sparkle’  Eau De Toilette, a Tangle Teezer ‘The Original’ Detangling Hairbrush and a Nail Rock Glitter and Polish Set... so what are you waiting for?
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds fab!! Definitely going on my list. I just started reading How To Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern which is great so far too :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | Lifestyle, Fashion & Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...