Thursday 5 June 2014

The search for the most stylish man in somerset // An interview with Jeff Banks


Todays post is something a little different from me and features a road trip, some dapper looking me and a legendary fashion designer, I hope you all enjoy it! A couple of weekends ago now I was invited to Clarks Village in Street, Somerset to meet Jeff Banks and attend his event ‘JEFF BANKS SEARCHES FOR THE BEST DRESSED MAN IN SOMERSET’. If you not heard of Clarks Village it’s a great place that has tons of discount stores of your favourite brands, it’s a shopaholic’s heaven! I'm also a bit of a fan of Jeff Banks, if you've not heard of him (where have you been?!) he is a British fashion designer whose had a very long and successful career in the industry and his designs are very stylish, sleek, showcasing traditional tailoring with a modern twist.
I live about an hour’s drive from Street, and my brother lives about 10 minutes away so I picked him up along the way and dragged him with me! The event started at 12 noon with all the gentlemen entering the competition lined up outside Jeff’s shop, which sales Jeffs Mens wear collection. Four judges, including myself got to choose which 10 entrants could go on to become finalists, who all received a £250 makeover from Jeff Banks himself!
It was a tough choice choosing the top ten as there was a lot of stylish men in street that day!
After the top 10 had been suited and booted, they then modelled their new outfits for the audience with Jeff describing the outfits he had chosen. I have to say the competition was high, as they as looked pretty suave! Who doesn't love a man in a suit?! It was then up to panel of judges to decide on the overall winner, who would win a weekend away for two in Paris and a £500 Jeff Banks watch (…not jealous at all!!).






The overall winner, crowned with the title of ‘Most Stylish Man in Somerset’ was a local lad from Street, called Connor Derbridge who was encouraged by his gorgeous girlfriend to enter!

To top off the day, Jeff Banks kindly answered a few questions I had….
This event was to find the most stylish man in Somerset, what were you looking for?
A GREAT LOOKING GUY WHO WANTS TO RE INVENT HIS IMAGE
How would you define 'style'?
STYLE IS PERSONAL IT DEFINITELY IS NOT FASHION IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT IS PERSONAL TO YOU.
What celebrities do you think have the ultimate style?
JOHNNY DEPP, KEITH RICHARDS, BRAD PITT, JAKE BUGG AND WILL I AM
You have had a very long and successful career, what has been the high point for you so far?
STILL BEING HERE!
What would you say is the secret of your success?
MY QUIET, SHY, RETIRING PERSONALITY
What one piece of advice would you give to budding fashion designers?
DON’T DO IT! LEAVE IT TO JEFF

I would like to say a big Thank You to Jeff for taking the time to answer my questions. It was a really fun day out, and fascinating to watch how Jeff works. My day was then topped off by a late lunch over in Glastonbury with my brother! Do you have any British Fashion designers you admire and that have stood the test of time?


P.S Have you checked out my ‘800 Bloglovin followers Giveaway’ yet? You could win a MAC Lipstick in ‘Plumful’, Kylie Minogue ‘Pink Sparkle’  Eau De Toilette, a Tangle Teezer ‘The Original’ Detangling Hairbrush and a Nail Rock Glitter and Polish Set... so what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...