Wednesday 30 July 2014

My Favourite Destination: Laura from A Life with Frills

I'm Laura Pearson-Smith [https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LauraPearsonSmith?rel=author] from fashion, beauty and luxury lifestyle blog A Life With Frills [http://www.alifewithfrills.co.uk]. I'm guest posting about my favourite holiday destination here on Gemma's blog today while she's away on her own holiday adventures.
 
Walt Disney World is the most magical place on Earth. It's comprised of 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, many hotels and the Downtown Disney entertainment area. My favourite things about WDW are the food and the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I love the rides and parades, but i'd be perfectly happy just trying all the food and wandering around all the shops for the whole holiday.
 
I have been to Walt Disney World around 5 times; usually for a few weeks at a time. If you plan on visiting, here are my favourite things about the place-
 
 
Favourite Park- It's definitely Hollywood Studios, as I love the theming and the real American atmosphere. It is also has the best background music as you walk around, and is home to some of my favourite rides (Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror).
 
 
Favourite Ride- It has to be Pirates of the Caribbean in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland. It has unbelievably authentic theming, right down to the smell. It really transports you to another world as soon as you join the queue.
 
 
Favourite Hotel- Polynesian, again due to the theming. Do you sense a theme here? It is an amazing Hawaiian themed resort that takes inspiration from Lilo & Stitch. It looks amazing at night, with real flames, and even has its own beach.
 
 
Favourite Table Service Restaurant- It's the 50s Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. It's set out like a 1950s American home, and waiters tell you to eat your greens. My husband hates it and thinks it's too gimmicky; but it serves all my favourite foods- southern fried chicken, and s'mores.
 
 
Favourite Quick Service Restaurant- Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney Village has really great food that's not your typical burgers and fries. It's in a relaxing quiet location too.
 
 
Favourite Snack- A Waffle Sundae with lots of whipped cream and chocolate sauce. The best one i've had from from The Plaza Ice Cream Parlour on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.
 
 
Favourite Shop- The Emporium on Main Street in Magic Kingdom is the main souvenir store in this park. It's Victorian themed, and is a great place to welcome you first thing in the morning.
 
 
Favourite Mode of Disney Transportation- The buses are my favourite as they are great for people watching and are always really well air conditioned. They also have park info videos playing on board, and the drivers can be really helpful.
 
 
Favourite Way To End The Day- I always like to stroll in the quiet tranquil part of Downtown Disney at night in the dark- the Downtown Disney Village. The stores are open late, and it's right on the edge of a lake.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love it there, I would pick this over sightseeing any day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. It really is the most magical place!
      Laura | A Life With Frills

      Delete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...