Sunday 12 October 2014

Alchemy Grapefruit Hair Remedy


Now let me explain the mess that is my hair... for the last couple of months I have been sporting blonde bits at the front of my hair, framing my face. I really like it but it means these bits are beyond parched, they are ridiculously dry. The rest of my hair which is just past shoulder length (hurrah, been trying to grow it forever!) and is my natural brown shade, I also suffer from greasy roots and dry ends.
This means finding suitable hair products that suit this combo is a bit of a nightmare. Therefore when I was recently Alchemy’s Grapefruit Hair Remedy to try out I was a bit apprehensive, but keen to see if I could rescue my hair. It’s made from just 5 oils which includes coconut oil, avocado oil, almond oil and of course grapefruit oil. So there are no extra chemicals, which allows your hair to absorb it better.
Firstly can we take a moment to coo over the cute vintage bottle! Secondly it smells divine! Hair oils don’t tend to smell bad but never particularly amazing either. However this smells sweetly of grapefruit, obvs, and is just lush!
They recommend for dry hair to massage the oil into your scalp and apply from the roots to the tips of your hair. Then leave it on for 20 minutes or overnight if your hair needs the TLC. Then wash and condition your hair as normal. Personally, as my roots can be greasy I applied the oil from the mid lengths downwards, twisted it up into a messy bun and left it on overnight. I washed and dried my hair like normal and I have to admit there was a noticeable difference. It was much softer, a lot smoother and much easier to style.
They also recommend applying a few drops to the ends of your hair whilst damp and then style as usual. I was a little hesitant about this as its quite heavy oil. I was also unsure how to get a couple of drops from the bottle without having a ton of it pour onto my hand! I have now worked a good technique of tipping the bottle whilst the cork lid is still in, removing the cork and using the residue that’s on there as you really don’t need much of it! It really sorted out my ends and stopped any fly aways.
I’ve been really impressed with the results of this product and for £17.99, it’s a bit pricey but it will last you for a long time and the results are fantastic! Definitely worth the price tag, from now on I will be swapping my usual Moroccan oil for this grapefruit hair remedy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this oil too :) Much better for you than ones you buy off the shelf as they all have extra fillers & harsh chemicals in that aren't good for your hair x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...