Thursday 22 January 2015

10 reasons why having a birthday in January sucks!


So as you can probably guess I am a January baby, my birthday was a week ago now and for the record this year it was pretty lovely and I got to spend some quality time with my friends and family. However this isn’t always the case and a large part of me is pretty grumpy about having a birthday at this time of year! So for a bit of fun, here are 10 reasons why I think it sucks to have a birthday in January....

1. People actually give you Christmas presents that they received and didn’t want. How do I know this? They forget to remove the original gift tag!!

2. Presents arrive in left over Christmas wrapping paper.

3. No one wants to come out and party as they are too skint from Christmas and New Year.

4.  If they do come out, they can only stay out for an hour/not eat/not drink as they are on a January detox which involves only eating green leaves and no alcohol. They then proceed to rub this in anyone’s face who is indulging, therefore ruining the party atmosphere. 
  
      5. The January blues have kicked in and everyone’s grumpy and in hibernation mode. Everyone’s tapped out emotionally and financially by this point.

      6. When you were younger all you wanted was a birthday party involving a BBQ and a bouncy castle but it was always too cold (this is made more stressful by the fact my sister (June baby) and brother (august baby) could have my dream party! Kick in the teeth!)

      7. Birthdays are just never a big deal. They have been completely over shadowed by the previous month.

      8. "Oh, this is a Christmas and birthday present."
    
      9. Or the flipside, some people from actually explain that you’ll have to wait to next month as they have no money. Err it’s not my birthday next month?!
     
     10.  Folks with January birthdays are usually pretty despondent about having a birthday at this time of year, we all feel pretty hard done by.


But then having a birthday in January means getting to go mad in the sales yourself, being able to add your Christmas and birthday money together to get that big pressie you wanted, finding out who your true friends are (the ones who will still come out and party) and the hideous January blues are postponed till February! So its swings and roundabouts my friends!

12 comments:

  1. Lo e this! My hubbys bday is January which takes away my Jan blues...this used to be my least favourite month of the year! I make sure he is a little bit spoilt cos I often think of those reasons above although we usually have gatherings at ours so its cheap for everyone! Hope you had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday! I have SO many friends and family with late December or January birthdays - and know two Christmas Eve babies, which must also suck. I do count my blessings for having a June birthday, leaving me with exactly six months between celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soo jealous!! My sisters a june baby too, perfect birthday time! xx

      Delete
  3. Haha great list!
    I hope you had a lovely birthday this year nontheless :)
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    www.annxkathrin.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! It was my birthday last Wednesday and although I had a lovely time, I wish it was at another time of year! We have to wait nearly a whole year for any more presents (greedy, I know, but true!). The worst thing to receive for me has to be gift sets from boots, like Sanctuary or Soap and Glory - you know they were either unwanted Christmas gifts or bought in the 70% off sale - and who wants even MORE toiletries straight after Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's the worst!! Ive had that happen and they've left the reduction label on it! lol xx

      Delete
  5. I understand the pain. I always wanted a picnic, summery paddling pool party and it sucked being a February girl! When are you going to share your Crown and glory birthday special???x
    Happy birthday!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to start having a half birthday so I can have my bouncy castle, swimming pool, bbq party! lol

      It shall be up next week!! I Love it! xx

      Delete
  6. Well even if the sucky things happen I hope you have a great birthday regardless and get to let your hair down :)
    Rosy
    Sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a December birthday (12 days before Christmas) and that's not much better! 6 and 8 are definitely true for me along with people not being free to celebrate because of all the other Christmassy things on. The last 8 years or so I've made my own birthday celebrations and gone away with the other half, just the two of us! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Couldn't agree more with all of this as my birthday is on the 4th, when I went out last year for it they'd closed the cocktail bar (that opens until 2 usually) at 9 as no one was out! I also received a Christmas present is given someone the full year before back as a birthday present once! So feel your pain! The good thing is that I get to spend lots of money in the sales and got a mulberry pouch from the outlet for £99 instead of £399 so not all bad I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend's birthday is in December but before Christmas so he manages to avoid the overshadowing of Christmas and getting recycled/sale gifts. The thing that pisses him off though is that he has to wait a full year and then they both come at once, when we first got together he tried to convince me that his parents had given him a half birthday to make up for their bad timing so now I play along and get him a crappy gift and a card on the 1st June!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...