Friday 13 March 2015

Februarys Health and Fitness Roundup

 
This is the second instalment of my monthly Health and Fitness updates, check out the first one here which explains a bit more as to why these posts will be popping up regularly! I was hoping to post this last week but I’ve been a bit AWOL from blog land. However lots of good and exciting things are a foot which I shall explain about soon, so ear with me, I will be blogging regularly again soon! Promise!
 
I’ve been really hesitant about writing this post as I had a pretty bad month in February. I had bronchitis for the first 3 weeks of the month, which was awful, I was making it to work then just coming home and crashing. It completely wiped me out. It also meant I was massively craving comfort foods, so pretty much lived off toast for the month. Then I finally start to feel human again but the last week of the month became stress central at work, so my exercise improved but my diet was still pretty lethal. I am a massive comfort eater!
 
Unsurprisingly I ended up putting 2lbs on which has got me down as January was such a positive month. So although I was undecided about writing this post, the idea of this series is to document my fitness journey, the good, the bad and the ugly and most importantly keep myself motivated.
 
So the question now is what am I going to do to get back on track? Well I’ve took the bull by the horns and signed up for ‘Run to the Beat’ which is a 10k run in London in September. I currently can’t run to the end of my road without hyperventilating but it’s on my ’30 before 30’ list and I really want to achieve it. I also work so much better when I have something I’m aiming towards. I’ve enlisted the help of one of the coaches from boot camp who’s also a personal trainer. He is going to set up a training plan for which I’m excited to start. We’ve already set my 6 week goal as being able to run 2 miles!! It may not seem like much but it’s like a marathon in my world! Eeeek!
 
I am also back doing my fitness camp sessions 3 times a week and rowing on Saturdays. It feels really good to be exercising again!
 
Exercise done in February ...
Boot camp x 5 sessions
Rowing x2 sessions (3 hours)
 
Progress this month...
Chest:   -1”
Hips:  +0.5”
Thighs:   left +1” Right -0”
Bottom: -0”
Arms:  Left -0.5” Right -0.5”
Waist: -0”
Weight loss this month: +2lb
Total Weight loss: 5lb
 
Disappointing results for February but I think I need to accept that I am going to have times where I am ill and there’s nothing I can do about it. It just makes me more determined to achieve my goals and work hard!

8 comments:

  1. Oi! Don't be disappointed. You still lost 5lb. That's like the weight of a 2ltr bottle. That's amazing.
    I've wanted to do Run To The Beat ever since I heard about it a couple of years ago. You're going to have an amazing time. Just remember to enjoy it so if that means walking a bit then do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be dissappointed hun you did really well especially considering the circumstances, I love living off carbs and toast but ofc our bodies don't but its damn tasty haha! I would love to do a run thats absolutely amazing if you do xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there, it just takes time. I can't believe you're doing boot camp. I tried it once but didn't like it. They made us run so much (I hate running). I'm following a step class now and I love it. xx Izzy | http://qthee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let it get to you too much, we all have ups and downs and when you're ill you need to focus on getting better and sometimes we just need food! Sounds like you've got a really great plan in place so Im sure you'll get back on track soon!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on how far you have come... no matter how much or little you think you are doing just remember you are still doing better than someone who is sitting on a sofa!

    Carrie
    http://www.cazmosworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your progress!! I really admire that, I've been trying to get healthy since January but my insane working routine has only made me worse! Ugh. I need to reorganise my life haha.

    http://wordsatdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't be disappointed! Sounds like you are doing really well. Good luck with the run in September!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...