Sunday 24 May 2015

The Me-Time Tag!


I love a good old tag post! I have seen the ‘Me-Time’ tag around on various blogs and fancied giving it a go! I think me-time is so under rated, it’s so important especially in this day and age, when we live in such a fast paced world we forget to take time out to look after ourselves. Me-time can sometimes be a bit of a guilty pleasure but I try and make sure I take time out for it each week!

1. What do you like to watch or read during me-time?
I have a confession... when it comes to reading I am a huge fan of chick lit! My favourite authors include Lindsey Kelk, Paige Toon and Jojo Moyes. I completely blame this for why I’m still single! I have completely unrealistic hopes! In terms of films same sort of genre, I am also a huge fan of 80s films such as The Goonies and The Lost Boys. Best films ever!! I have also become hooked on Netflix and love watching TV series on there such as Pretty Little Liars, Sons of Anarchy and Once Upon a Time to name a few!

2. What do you wear during me-time?
The only thing you can wear during me-time, PJs of course! My faves are nice thick pyjama bottoms from Fat Face. Best investment ever, they are so thick and warm and they have pockets! I also throw on a comfy hoodie for good measure.

 3. What are your favourite me-time beauty products?
The thing I love to do most during a me-time session is have a hot bath with a bubble bar from Lush. I also throw on a face mask, whatever one I have in the cupboard at the time. Followed by a nail painting session.
 
4. Current favourite nail polish?
I am going to sound like a snob but for the past year I’ve been treating myself to a professional gelish every few weeks so I don’t actually have a favourite nail polish at the moment. However I am slightly obsessed with Barry M’s Gelly polish, which I use on my toes, it lasts for ages and is pretty chip proof!

 5. What do you eat or drink during me-time?
Crisps and Dip! It’s a must I’ve I’m chilling with a movie. I also love Nutella, just on a spoon out of the jar. YUMMY! However my all time favourite me-time snack is peanut M&Ms, I think I could be easily bribed using these! In terms of drinks I like a nice cold glass of rose wine, or a good old cup of tea!

6. Current favourite candle?
I love Yankee Candles, I have quite a few spotted round my house, but if I had to pick one I would have to say it’s the ’Snow in Love’ scent, it comes out every time around Christmas and it’s kind of a fresh laundry smell. That doesn’t really sell does it?! Haha well trust me it is lovely!

 7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time?
Yes totally! I live near the beach so I love taking walks down there when I’m feeling like life’s a little too much or my anxiety is bad. I love going on sitting on the beach, it’s so relaxing and clears my head. I also love sitting in the garden on a summer’s day with a good book.

8. Would you ever go and watch a film alone?
I’m not sure id class the cinema as ‘me-time’ so find this as a kind of odd question for this tag! However, yes I have been to the cinema on my own, only the once though! It was years ago when I was travelling, I was in Sydney, Australia on my own and I was desperate to see the last Harry Potter film. So I decided to go by myself and I actually quite enjoyed it! I think it was because no one knew me there so I don’t think I’m brave enough to do it here though!

9. Favourite online shop?
Oooh I’m not sure I have a favourite online shop! I live in a small town with decent shops and I really mean none! So pretty much all my clothes shopping is done online. So where do I do most of my online shopping? ASOS, you can pretty much find everything on there! Joy and Sugarhill Boutique, for the cutest dresses. Plus Topshop, River Island and I am a huge fan of ETSY!

10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?
Napping! I love a good nap! I love sleeping so much and I love my bed even more! All me-time must include my bed somehow, it’s my favourite place on earth!


So I’m off now to have a bit of me time! What do you do to take time out for yourself? Let me know if you decide to have a go at this one!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this post! Peanut m&ms are delicious as is nutella! Also, I've never been to the movies alone, I really want to since I don't have any friends ever since I moved but I'm afraid I'll run into someone I know!

    Priyanka | http://glamourandgiggles19.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool post! I am envious of you living best a beach! We are off to Totnes thus week so hope I get near the coast.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me time is the absolute best! I love walks with my dogs and going to the gym, and equally love curling up with a good book whilst snuggled in my pjs without a scrap of makeup and my hair tied in a top knot! Those are the best times : ) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fat Face pyjama bottoms are the business - I stock up every time they have a sale on, and pretty much live in them from the moment I get home from work until I go to bed (they're too warm and cosy to actually sleeep in!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So with you on the Nutella and crisps & dip front! I'm also pretty sure I'd live my life in pyjamas if I could 🙈

    Http://alittlerapunzel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sleeping too! When I was little, I had a Dennis the menace poster above my bed that said "sleeping is my favourite sport". I still stand by that! ;)
    x
    Aria | Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tag! Might have to do this myself as it seems like a bit of fun!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...