Sunday 24 January 2016

New Year, New Blog!

 
Firstly, Happy New Year! I know I am so late in saying that but as you can tell I’ve been seriously neglecting this blog lately. BUT I AM BACK!! And as you may be able to tell I am a little excited about it! I feel like my little blogging fire has been re-lit and can’t wait to see what this year now has to bring!
This year I seriously want to bring the Blog Love (check out my twitter handle @BlogLoveRT), I seriously neglected this little space on the internet last year as I sort of became a bit despondent with the whole blogosphere. I was finding it wasn’t a fun network of people with a similar hobby anymore, but somewhere that had become very bitchy and competitive. Two things that massively aren’t my cup of tea and not what I signed up for. So I took a giant step back for a while and put my energies into other things. I started a new job, I seriously got into the gym (I heart weights, who knew?!) and running, which was an awesome experience, and I finished the year with a month in Australia. 2015 was a pretty good year for me but I have missed writing and playing in this little creative space a lot more than I ever thought!
It feels so strange to be sat here typing away again, I feel a little nervous as to what it may lead to but I also feel like I’ve come home. However things are going to be a little different, as you can already see I’ve had a ‘Lipsticks and Lashes’ has undergone a little revamp, all courtesy of the gorgeous Hayley over at Tea Party Beauty. I’m a little bit in love with it! I feel like it’s fresh and simple and suits where I am at the moment. What do you all think??
I’m also not going to blog to a fixed time plan, I used to blog 4 times a week and get myself stressed out if I didn’t blog for a few days. Feels silly now, what’s the worst that could happen?! Some of my favourite bloggers only post once a week, they have a great readership and I always look forward to what they are going to post next. I think that’s how it should be! I want to enjoy blogging not find it a burden. So I am going to blog when I fancy doing so! I have tons of post ideas floating around my head at the moment so it will probably be a few times a week and do you know what? I can’t wait! Expect the usual beauty reviews, mixed up with travel posts, health and fitness, clean eating and general positive lifestyle post. All the things that excite me!
Also in case you have missed it, The Bloggers Snail Mail project is BACK!!! So many fab bloggers have signed up already so I think it’s going to be such an exciting round. You have till this Friday to sign up so check out the blog post all about it here!
Bring on 2016!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, it looks beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemma! Your happiness really came across in this post and I'm glad you are enjoying blogging again! I have felt exactly the same way as of late and put my blog through a little revamp too. Its really helped and I love it when everything feels neat, fresh and inspiring! Looking forward to reading more from you :) x

    www.handbagsandhunters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great glad you have your blogging mojo back look forward to reading more from you x

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Gemma! Great to hear your 2015 was awesome! :) Wish you that 2016 is even better! :) Also hope that You will enjoy blogging as much as you used to, and this time around will meet some really nice blogger people and won't be dissapointed in the blogging community. :) But anyways, have fun with what you love to do online AND offline! :)
    Madara
    lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the re-design, it looks great!

    Good to know you're re-booting BlogLoveRT as well, I'll make sure to include you when I tweet out my latest posts :)

    Thanks for sending your link over during LBloggers last night!

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...