Happy pay day!! For a short month February has felt soo long finance wise! This has meant my online wishlists for many shops are huge so I thought I would share one of them with you!! So here is my current ASOS wish list... so many petty things....
Thursday, 9 February 2017
I love a good old tag and have spotted this one going round for quite a while so figured I’d give it a go! I feel a little bit of a fraud doing a ‘Beauty Blogger Tag’ as I feel my blogs taken a bit more a lifestyle twist lately. However beauty is where Lipsticks and Lashes started and I can blog about my love of make up a little less, but my bank balance will confirm that I am still a complete beauty addict!
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging for just over 3 years, I started writing in this little space on the internet as a way to practice my writing and to be a bit creative. I was super bored, very lost in life and need something to get my teeth into. Hello Blogging! Logging onto Blogger.com and starting this blog was one of the best decisions I’ve made. I thought it would just be me writing to myself when I first started out, I had no idea about the blogging community and that people would stop by here or be as super lovely as you all are.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
A Beautiful Mess was the first blog that I got completely lost in for hours, I think at the time I didn’t really grasp it was a blog or what blogging even is!
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
God I’m such a sucker for when it comes to purchasing hyped up products! I have no will power! I would love to say that after 3 years of blogging I’ve got a bit wiser but nope not at all! So what was the blogosphere hyped up product I purchased, well that would have to be Rimmel London’s Apocalypse Lip Lacquer. I think I liked it at the time but too be honest it definitely wasn’t worth the hype!
What are your favorite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. Making blogging buddies!
2. Finding new products I just have to try out due to someone’s lovely blog review
3. Blogging has increased my confidence loads!
4. It’s a great creative outlet
5. I get to waffle on to my heart’s desire about things I love!
What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
That I am more skilled that I thought I was! As a blogger you’re a writer, a photographer, a PR pro, good at marketing… the list is endless!
Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
Personally, my confidence has grown, that’s the magic of finding something you love and enjoy doing. I definitely feel more confident within myself. In terms of how I blog, I hope I’ve improved as I’ve gone along, I think blogging is something you continually strive to be better at. At least I hope I’ve got better as my first couple of post all those years ago are pretty cringe worthy!
What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
BLOG FOR YOU! If you start blogging to gain followers and popularity you’re wasting your time! Blogging is hard work and needs to be something you do because you love doing it.
Name your top five brands:
MAC, Benefit, Bobby Brown, Urban Decay, Lush
Recommend your top five favorite beauty products:
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
MAC All That Glitters Eye Shadow
Benefit they’re Real Mascara
MAC Amplified Lipstick in Girl about Town
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose
Hope you enjoyed this tag? I would like to now tag you all to have a go at it! Make sure you let me know if you do complete it as I would love to stop by for a read!
Monday, 6 February 2017
Hello and Happy Monday! As I mentioned in yesterdays post I’ve been in a bit of a rut and this year I’m trying to promote lots of positive change in my life and be a bit more productive. I know a lot of bloggers do monthly goals posts and I love to read them and I think by doing my own version ill be stating to the universe what I’m aiming for and it will hopefully spur me on! I’m also shocking at doing series posts over here, I get bored pretty quickly so we shall see how many of these I do but I’m excited to get started!
So here are my goals for February...
1. Buy a new car and sort out the old one – I’m half way through this one already – I’ve put down a deposit on such a cite little KA. Its just got to go through an Mot and a service then it shall be mine! I’m so in love with it already!
2. Get a new phone – my phone is driving me up the wall! I have an iPhone 5s and the storage is horrendous and I really don’t like the camera. I’m also having to buy extra data each month as my allowance is pretty lame so I’m spending a small fortune! ANNOYING!! Luckily for me I’m due an upgrade however I’m clueless when it comes to technology so I’m unsure what to go for. I’m falling out of love with Apple at the mo and would like a change so I’m thinking about a Samsung Galaxy 7. Any advice or suggestions on this one would be hugely welcome?!
3. Blog regularly – I love blogging and want to spend a bit more time on this little spot on the big world wide web. I’ve been a bit sporadic lately but want to get back to regular posts and do more reviews and lifestyle posts. With this space!
4. Colour my hair grey – I love the grey hair trend that’s doing the rounds and I really really want a grey ombre look. There’s two catches to this – my hairs a mess at the Mo, its a weird orange colour and needs a bit of bleach work done before I can go for the grey. So I’m not 100% confident I can do a home job on it but I am going to give it a try!! Eeeek!!
5. Edinburgh – okay so this is a give, I’m heading there next week and I’m so blinking excited!! The furthest north I’ve been is Liverpool so I’m so happy to be finally venturing to Scotland. Its a bit one on my bucket list and I want to enjoy every minute of if.
6. Take time to look after myself – I’m still not well with this Thyroiditis and its so tiring. Its a long term thing so I’m trying to crack on and not let it get in my way but I’m also trying to make sure I listen to my body more and look after myself when I need to. So this month I want to focus on a bit of me time, this could involve things like a glass of wine and a good book, a bit of crafting or anything that’s just relaxing.
7. Read a book – I have a massive to read list and have been slacking with it so I really want to get back into reading and want to read at least one whole book this month.
Wish me luck!!
Sunday, 5 February 2017
This was the view from my morning run a few days ago, how beautiful is where I live? I can’t imagine not living near the sea, its keeps me calm and has a kind of magic about it.
So there been some radio silence over on this little space on the internet lately as there has been so much going on in my real life world I’ve had to have an impromptu mini blogging break. So where have I been, I hear you ask! Well I’ve turned 31... yikes... I am officially properly in my 30’s now and its terrifying! Its made me reflect ALOT on where I am and where I want to be. I’ve spent the past year in some weird anxious place where life has kind of been flying by me. I’ve felt lost and unconfident and I’ve just been treading water. Its not been awful but its not been fun either. I kind of thought that by the time I was in my 30s I would be all grown up and settled down by now. You know the whole married with babies and a white picket fence shebang by now. Nope, I’m learning that I’m pretty crap at adulting.
Anyways the tides are turning, I’ve finally moved out of the parentals loft, what was meant to be 6 months turned in to 2 years... so now I’ve moved in to a friends spare room and I have actual windows, can stand up without bashing my head and I have actual walls where I can hang things – luxury! Its feels good and has been nice to have a bit of change. Moving house made me realise how fiercely independent I am and how terrible I am at accepting help! So many lovely people offered to give me a hand and I turned them down, I have in my head that I don’t want to bother folks and that I can look after myself. How could I forget how stressful moving is?! So I did it single handed and told myself off a lot for it! My new aim this year is to let people in and accept help, team work makes the dream work and all that!
This weekend I also purchased a new car, like I said lots of new changes going on very here! My poor bashed up Honda civic has had its day and is unlikely to pass its MOT which is die next week so the times come to part ways with it. So I’ve gone for a ridiculously cute black KA Sport which should be with me by the end of the week. I’m so excited!!
So that’s a brief low down on my life lately! I’m excited to have a bit more time coming up and to get back to blogging more regularly!