Thursday 9 February 2017

The Beauty Blogger Tag


I love a good old tag and have spotted this one going round for quite a while so figured I’d give it a go! I feel a little bit of a fraud doing a ‘Beauty Blogger Tag’ as I feel my blogs taken a bit more a lifestyle twist lately. However beauty is where Lipsticks and Lashes started and I can blog about my love of make up a little less, but my bank balance will confirm that I am still a complete beauty addict! 

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging for just over 3 years, I started writing in this little space on the internet as a way to practice my writing and to be a bit creative. I was super bored, very lost in life and need something to get my teeth into. Hello Blogging! Logging onto Blogger.com and starting this blog was one of the best decisions I’ve made. I thought it would just be me writing to myself when I first started out, I had no idea about the blogging community and that people would stop by here or be as super lovely as you all are.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
A Beautiful Mess was the first blog that I got completely lost in for hours, I think at the time I didn’t really grasp it was a blog or what blogging even is!

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
God I’m such a sucker for when it comes to purchasing hyped up products! I have no will power! I would love to say that after 3 years of blogging I’ve got a bit wiser but nope not at all! So what was the blogosphere hyped up product I purchased, well that would have to be Rimmel London’s Apocalypse Lip Lacquer. I think I liked it at the time but too be honest it definitely wasn’t worth the hype!

What are your favorite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger? 
1.    Making blogging buddies!
2.    Finding new products I just have to try out due to someone’s lovely blog review
3.    Blogging has increased my confidence loads!
4.    It’s a great creative outlet
5.    I get to waffle on to my heart’s desire about things I love!

What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?  
That I am more skilled that I thought I was! As a blogger you’re a writer, a photographer, a PR pro, good at marketing… the list is endless!

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger? 
Personally, my confidence has grown, that’s the magic of finding something you love and enjoy doing. I definitely feel more confident within myself. In terms of how I blog, I hope I’ve improved as I’ve gone along, I think blogging is something you continually strive to be better at. At least I hope I’ve got better as my first couple of post all those years ago are pretty cringe worthy!

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
BLOG FOR YOU! If you start blogging to gain followers and popularity you’re wasting your time! Blogging is hard work and needs to be something you do because you love doing it.

Name your top five brands: 
MAC, Benefit, Bobby Brown, Urban Decay, Lush

Recommend your top five favorite beauty products: 
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
MAC All That Glitters Eye Shadow
Benefit they’re Real Mascara
MAC Amplified Lipstick in Girl about Town
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose
 
Hope you enjoyed this tag? I would like to now tag you all to have a go at it! Make sure you let me know if you do complete it as I would love to stop by for a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...