Sunday 26 March 2017

What happened when I used coconut oil as my cleanser for a month

If you stop by this little space on the Internet on a regular basis then you will know that I have a bit of a love affair going on with coconut oil. Apart from using it as my primary oil for cooking I swear by it for my hair. I’ve regularly use it as a hair mask and leaving it on over night and I completely credit it for my hair being in a good condition especially when you think about how much bleach has been on my locks! I’ve also used it on dry patches of skin when my eczema is being a bitch  and it’s like magic!

Anyways even though I have been a coconut oil convert for a while I’ve not been brave enough to use it on my face. I’ve used facial oils for a while now but was worried coconut oil was a bit too thick and greasy for my face. However I’ve heard a lot of positive comments about coconut oil being used as a cleanser and ’m always up for giving things a go though and thought I’d try it for a month and see how I get on!

So how do I use it? I scoop of tiny bit, maybe the size of pea out of the tub and massage it into my skin. As you do this it heats up and melts and you begin to look like something from the house of wax horror film as it literally melts the makeup off your face. I then use a damp cotton pad to wipe it a off. It is a fab makeup remover and gets every last bit of mascara off, so no more waking up with panda eyes even though you’d been behaved and removed your makeup the night before! Hurrah!

It can be a little messy and you honestly don’t need much or it will melt and go EVERYWHERE! Trust me I learnt the hard way! So a month down and am I still going to carry on using it? Well I have had so many complements about my skin lately and I really think it’s down to the oil. My skin is so much softer, the eczema on my cheeks has completely gone. I still get the odd spot but only during the time of the month, and I’m totally going with the whole ‘while your getting spots you’re not getting wrinkles’ thing so I’m OK with the odd hormonal spot!

Also in terms of value for money, I purchased a large tub of coconut oil in superdrug whilst it was on offer for £5. As you only need such a small amount I’ve not even used a quarter of the tub so far and I’ve also been using it on my hair once a week so it’s going to last a long time. I think long term using coconut oil instead of whatever cleanser has taken my fancy I will be saving big bucks. Happy days!

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil as a cleanser and moisturiser, it's been great at dealing with my acne-prone skin.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...